Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Freakin Leap Year...



I began this month with one goal: maintain a vegan diet. I did pretty damn good if I do say so myself! I've learned so much this past month but the best lesson I can take away from my experiment is that veganism isn't crazy. I'm not a hippie, I still showered, I brush my teeth and I live my life. Vegans get a bad rep for being "strange." Well I have news for you: I'm already weird so being vegan wasn't too extreme for me. I feel so much better, I'm not tired in the afternoons anymore. Normally I'd be scarfing down something with caffeine or sugar to keep me awake but I didn't need it this month. I wake up earlier for no good reason other then I'm not tired! I lost weight (final weigh in hasn't been conducted yet) and I've been kicking ass at the gym. Now I know I started out using February as an experiment month but I really feel like I can incorporate this as a full on lifestyle. Yes it's significantly more expensive but isn't it worth paying more for food when you'll pay less for health care in the future? When I won't have high blood pressure or clogged arteries or if I'm lucky, cancer? I think so. I'm worth it now. I hope my friends can take into consideration changing their lives for just 1 month. One month to see if a lifestyle change can really be beneficial to you. I promise you won't be disappointed.






~K~


No comments:

Post a Comment