Monday, February 27, 2012

RECIPE TIME!!!! Chickpea Salad!

Happy Monday! For those of you who know me, I'm not a morning person let alone a Monday person. I am trying to get better at human interaction in the morning (part of my bucket list for the year). So in the spirit of being nicer, I wanted to post my favorite vegan recipe thus far. I've made this salad 4 times now and each time I get a little more creative. Take my advice: use the recipe as a base and just go from there!

3 cans cooked chickpeas (rinsed!)
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 red onion, minced
2 carrots, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 cup of Basil, chopped
1 Pint of cherry tomatoes (either left whole or halved)

Mix the above ingredients together.

In separate bowl, make the dressing:
1/2 - 3/4 c Balsamic vinegar
3 TBS olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons

Pour dressing over Chickpea mix and toss to coat. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours or over night.
Serve chilled (or room temp, whatever the hell you want)



Tadaaa. I've had great reviews from friends on this salad. One kept saying she loved how fresh it tasted (That's because it was fresh duh). So run, frolick, cook. Tell me if you try this!


No comments:

Post a Comment