Thursday, March 8, 2012

Holy Guacamole! I'm Back!

Well well well Vodka lovers (and veganites) I have returned. I was away for a few days and severely neglected this but thankfully I had the best co-blogger to step up and take over! Gracias Ash!

So I'd like to start off by recapping my month of beginner veganism. First, official weigh in: -10lbs. IN A MONTH?! THAT'S EPIC (and probably frowned upon by most doctors but eh, f 'em.) I also got an iPhone (yay finally a part of 2012!) which I've discovered has access to amazing apps. I downloaded the Whole Foods Receipe app. You just select vegan as the specialty and whatever you want as a the meal; Dessert, main dish, appetizer etc. You can also give the app 3 ingredients that you have on hand and it will give you recipes to work off of with those ingredients! Amaze-balls. (Bonus-it's available on droids or whatever Ash has because she downloaded it too!)

As I continue my quest to convert everyone, my friend Erin finally watched "Forks Over Knives" and began her barrage of complaints over supposed scientifically inaccurate items. While I disagree with her on some points(she's not a doctor but she'll take a look), I did agree with her on one thing: exercise. The documentary that started it all left out an important component for a healthy lifestyle. I try to get to the gym 4-5 times week. Spin class, body pump (weight lifting) and running are all part of my workout routines. I 100% support exercise as a necessary piece of the puzzle. So if you're just changing what you're eating, you might be missing out on a huge boost to your health! Get out, get active, get healthy!

~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment