Monday, March 5, 2012

I Survived the Grocery Store

 
March 1st fell on a Thursday.  So I went shopping a couple days prior with the intention of getting some basics to make it through my first weekend.  With Kerry's guidance, I made it through the grocery store in one piece.  I figured I'd start with the things I like that I regularly buy that I know are vegan friendly: fruit, veggies, salad, brown/wild rice, nuts, veggie burgers, hummus, oatmeal, cereal, almond or soy milk.  This already gave me some meals and snacks which was reassuring.  It hurt my soul to walk by the entire dairy section (my roommate Allison is my witness, I think I shed a tear).  I've always followed this rule: If I don't buy it, I won't eat it.  It's much easier for me to walk by something in the store then to avoid it in my house.  I figured these staples would get me started and I would be back with a list for recipes once I planned my meals for the week and got into a routine I felt worked for me.  Aside from the health benefits, this new lifestyle will help me with my organization, time management, and cooking abilities.  I am severly lacking in all of these areas.
 
I can almost hear my body thanking me already.
 
*A*

No comments:

Post a Comment