Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I Survived the Grocery Store Part 2

Team Vegan just keeps growing.  The newest to accept the challenge is my roommate Alicia.  She's joining me in my March challenge and frankly, I couldn't be happier.  It's always easier when you have a partner in health, even more so if you live together.  Alicia and I ventured to Whole Foods over the weekend.  (Unfortunately, there isn't a Whole Foods or a Trader Joe's in close proximity to our house - what the frick, Boston?  But it's a doable little weekend drive).  Anywho, I fell in love.  I enjoy grocery shopping as it is.  I feel like people either love it or hate it and I'm definitely the former.  But Whole Foods was like a whole new level of romance.  I feel better just being there, like we're all there for the same reason - we care about what we put in our bodies.  I swear the veggies were brighter, the fruit was fresher, the options were endless and I could actually pronounce everything on the ingredients label - score.  And yes, it may be a little more expensive.  But Alicia and I filled our cart and split the total and we each paid $70 - what we'd each typically spend on ourselves at Stop & Shop - score.




Bonus score - They have handles on their paper bags.  If other stores would do that, it might cut down on the ridiculous amount of plastic people who don't care enough to get reusable bags use.  Also, I hate those little tear off plastic bags in the produce section.  There's gotta be a friendlier alternative. [End of rant].

Happy shopping!


*A* 

No comments:

Post a Comment